Taglines are an especially sensitive subject to all involved.
Why? They’re almost entirely emotional. They exist to tell a user anything the visual identity has missed.
An effective tagline is:
- Clear: blunt, informative; what is it that you do and what do you have to offer?
- Concise: simple, easy to remember; 10 words or less
- Memorable: lasting; users remember it long after it is no longer in use
- Relevant: Why should we care? What are the benefits? What's in it for me?
- Brand-worthy: reflective of the brand, fits the brand tone/voice/style
- Consistent: timeless, steadfast, worthy of not changing